Monday, February 25, 2013

The Karma Club by Jessica Brody

Source
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Madison Kasparkova always thought she understood how Karma works. Do good things and you'll be rewarded, do something bad and Karma will make sure you get what you deserve. 

But when Maddy’s boyfriend cheats on her, nothing bad comes his way. That’s why Maddy starts the Karma Club, to clean up the messes that the universe has left behind. Sometimes, though, it isn’t wise to meddle with the universe. 

It turns out Karma often has plans of its own.

Review:

I really was not overly impressed by this book. I found the main character annoying and the plot could be predictable at times. Also, I found that Maddy's boyfriend was made out as a really good person and then was made out jist as a really bad person really quickly. I mean, I guess it was all in the perspective of the narrator, but still...

There are some elements of the plot however that I did like. While I would never do it myself, the plans that the Karma Club made were fascinating and I enjoyed reading about them. The one where they make a dating profile for one of their "karma beneficiaries" and set it up so that older women end up going wherever their "karma beneficiary" is? Genius. You would have to read the book to understand.

I also really enjoyed the ending of this book. Part of it was predictable, but it was okay because I liked the what it was. Part of it I did not see coming though and I always love when a book is unpredictable (except if something happens that I don't want to happen, happens).

I also really love this cover. The girl's eyes are really pretty and I love her side braided bun.

Overall, I was really disappointed with this book. I've heard really good things about Jessica Brody and I don't think this is one of her better novels. You just can't have an annoying main character and a predictable plot and expect to get 5 stars. Okay, that sounded kind of harsh, but you get my. Not to say everything was bad, but it's not something I would go out and recommend to people.

Rating:



Also, I found the book trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love seeing them and I respond to every single one so check back often! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...